Monday, September 10, 2012

Room 8 Update

I hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weather over the weekend! Soon the updates I post will be on a regular schedule...most likely Fridays. For now, however, I have news to share more often.

We started our first unit of math last week. I tear out the journal pages so you will see these come home. Today your child is bringing home his/her first journal page. I like to send them home so that you know what we're learning in class and what your child may be struggling with.

We started Reader's Workshop today. There is a homework assignment in your child's red folder. I explained to the students that I do not want them to worry about running to the library or book store tonight. If you have a copy of his/her favorite book at home that he/she can bring in tomorrow, that's great. If not, that's ok...just complete the assignment as best as you can. I appreciate your help at home!

Today the class also met my long term sub, Katie Eckardt. She is looking forward to filling in for me and has been a huge help getting our classroom ready. She stopped by today to introduce herself and will be here Thursday while I am at a district inservice. I told the students I would so much rather be in the classroom with them than sitting in a meeting, but it makes me feel better to know I am leaving the students in good hands for the day!

I look forward to seeing each of you this coming Thursday evening at 8:00 p.m. I will share a lot of important information!

Mrs. Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment